Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's Plunger Time

Well, I finished watching Andromeda Strain. Wow… Ridley Scott, Michael Crichton, etc. What potential. The possibilities. With a great first night two hour start, I was on board, anticipating a spectacular conclusion, I was ready to be wowed, ready to gush; I was ready to ‘Drink the Kool-Aid.’

By the beginning of the fourth hour, I was feeling weary. Fatigued. By the end, I had that look on my face. You know the look, like I’m endlessly waiting in line at the DMV.

I will just sum up some of my final hour observations: Insignificant characters and story lines that go nowhere; various plot holes; great tech stuff never fully explored or followed up on; way too long; creeping boringness; under-whelming ramp-up to the conclusion; dumb twist; dumber twist; totally dumb cliché anti-climatic ending; conspiracies implied but never pursued. Way too long.

A disgruntled former A & E writer must have launched some sort of Cheese Virus into the servers from his new home at the Sci-Fi Channel offices.

I strained. Now I plunge.

No comments: